There are two kinds of in-home care for seniors: medical and non-medical. Non-medical home care for seniors typically covers basic physical and psychological needs. In-home non-medical caregiver makes it possible for seniors to live in the comfort of their homes and maintain their independence in a familiar surrounding. They works with seniors who have reached a point in life when they need some help with daily and weekly routines.
Non-medical home care agencies play important role filling gaps in home care services not provided or covered under skilled care. Un-skilled home care services such as personal care assistance or cooking and cleaning help is often what may be needed most and by many in order to remain in their homes. In-home care includes a wide range of services provided in the home, rather than in a hospital or care facility.
Benefits of having in-home non medical caregiver service
The biggest advantage of in-home care for senior is, it allows them to age in place because they don’t need to move to an institution. In the comfort of home, a senior feels most comfortable with the environment. Home is the place where he or she feel most confident and open to participating in activities.
Other advantages of in-home care is:
- Your loved one gets one-on-one care at the necessary level to get all the comfort. The in-home care that arrives at your loved one’s door has only one purpose, and that’s to ensure your loved one gets his or her attention and quality care.
- In-home care gives families the peace knowing their loved ones are comfortable at home and receiving professional and personalized care.
- It’s also the most satisfying form of senior care and sometimes more affordable than other types of care at a nursing facility or hospital.
- Promotes healing
- Provides a safe place for contagious infections. For all of its lifesaving potential, some 20% of the people who enter a hospital develop a complication such as an infection. The incidence of such risks at home is near zero.
- Designed to specific needs of each person
- For many people, home health care workers can help loved ones maintain their level of wellness for a longer period. A caregiver can help ensure seniors follow the recommendations of their physicians, avoid accidents in the home and serve as a personal healthcare advocate for the senior.
- Research shows that in-home care services improve clients’ ability to walk or move around, get in and out of bed and have less pain when moving around, improve bladder control, and get better at bathing.
- In-home care provides better companionship. Living at home is often the best option for physical and mental well-being, and reduces stress. Unlike most forms of health care, which can increase anxiety and stress, home care has the opposite effect.
- Home care staff can help families to avoid missing family time, children’s activities, and declining career opportunities.
- Home care is less expensive than other forms of care. The evidence from studies around the world, demonstrate that home care is always far less expensive than hospitalization and almost always less costly than comparable placement in a nursing home.
Before hiring an agency to provide services, we should know exactly what types of care the agency’s professionals can provide. A non-medical, in-home care agency provides services which are not considered skilled or medical care. Examples of non-medical in-home care services including bathing, transferring, toileting, continence, medication reminders, companionship, meal preparation, laundry, light housekeeping, shopping, and transportation.
Care from the Heart delivers the highest quality home care in Sun City and the Northwest Valley at affordable prices. Find more about their services here http://www.carefromtheheartaz.com.